Planning and Zoning
- How do I find out what my property is zoned?
- How do I find out what development projects are happening in the Belgrade Planning Jurisdiction?
- Is it possible to subdivide my property?
- Are short-term rentals allowed in the City of Belgrade?
- Where can I find the Belgrade Growth Policy Future land Use Map?
About the Department
The Belgrade City Council and the Gallatin County Commission established the Belgrade City-County Planning Board to develop a growth policy and serve in an advisory capacity to the two governing bodies in making decisions regarding land use and development in the Belgrade area. The Planning Board is made up of nine members. Four members of the Planning Board reside within the City limits of Belgrade and are appointed by the Belgrade City Council. Four additional members reside outside the City limits and within the Board's 4.5 mile jurisdiction around the City limits are appointed by the Gallatin County Commission. The ninth member is appointed by the Planning Board and approved by the City Council and County Commission and may reside either in the City limits or outside the City limits but within 4.5 mile Planning Jurisdiction.
The Belgrade City-County Planning Staff support the efforts of the Planning Board by performing the ministerial duties of subdivision and zoning review, and to complete the day to day ministerial duties of the Planning Department.
The Planning Staff is available to assist the general public in many different roles, including the following:
- Managing the subdivision review process from initial inquiry to final plat approval, including pre-application review, preliminary plat review, final plat review, organization and scheduling of Planning Board public meetings and public hearings, coordination of subdivision review with other governmental agencies, keeping the public informed of specific subdivision proposals, and carrying forward all Planning Board recommendations to the Belgrade City Council and/or the Gallatin County Commission.
- Assists in zoning review and zone code enforcement.
- Develop growth policy recommendations for the Planning Board.
- Develop ordinances, resolutions, and other regulations as directed by the Planning Board, City Council, and County Commission.
- Available on a daily basis to answer questions and assist public officials, developers, consultants, realtors, contractors, and the general public in various facets of applicable land use regulations.
Belgrade Growth Policy
Long Range Transportation Plan
View the 2017 Belgrade Long Range Transportation Plan here.
Triangle Community Plan and Triangle Trails Plan
View the Triangle Community Plan and Triangle Trails Plan by visiting the Planning Coordination Committee website.
Downtown Design Plan
View the City of Belgrade Downtown Design Plan here.
View the City of Belgrade Interactive Zoning Map here.
Current Development Applications
View the City of Belgrade Interactive Development Map here.
View Public Notices for upcoming meetings here.
Planning, Building & Zoning Fees
View the Planning, Building and Zoning Fees (PDF) (as of September 7, 2021).
Access the Planning Board meeting agendas and minutes in the Agenda Center.