Library Book Clubs
4th Thursday Book Club
Book discussion, opinion-sharing, refreshments, and lots of fun! The 4th Thursday of the Month Book Club meets on the fourth Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm upstairs in the library's community room. It is open to young adult and up in age and new members are always welcome.
The 2022 schedule for the upcoming months is as follows:
No book club in November and December.
- January 27 - One Book Belgrade - To be Announced
- February 24 - The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
- March 24 - The Paris Library by Janet Skeslien Charles
- April 28 - The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson
- May 26 - The Whistling Season by Ivan Doig
- June 23 - This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger
- July 28 - We Band of Angels by Elizabeth M. Norman
- August 25 - The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V. E Schwab
- September 22 - The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah
- October 27 - The Rose Code by Kate Quinn
Montana Association for the Blind (MAB) Bozeman Chapter Book Club
The Montana Association for the Blind ( Bozeman Chapter) welcomes sighted, visually impaired, and blind adults to a monthly book club. Scheduled for the fourth of the month Monday in 2022 from 1 to 2:30 pm (unless otherwise noted). Each month has a theme (January: Science Fiction; February: Romance; March: Montana Author; etc.). Discussions emphasize connections between literature and like experiences in our personal lives and understanding societal context at different times in history. Light refreshments are provided. RSVP not required, and participants do not need to be members of the association to attend. For questions, please contact Lori Parker at 828-421-4838.
Discussion Leader Biography
Lori Parker is the Vice President of the Montana association for the Blind ( Bozeman Chapter), a Braille instructor, a virtual personal assistant, and a jewelry designer. Lori read 300+ books per year before becoming a mother; now she's down to around 100. She lives in Belgrade with her son, Samwise, Who loves to curl up with his mama and Reid.
Participants in this book club are responsible for getting their own copies of the books. Ask at the circulation desk if you need assistance!
The upcoming schedule for 2022 is:
- January 24 - Science Fiction - The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal
- February 28 (See note) - Romance - Mystic and Rider by Sharon Shinn
- March 28 (See note)/April 25 - Montana Author/Fantasy - Eragon by Christopher Paolini
- May 23 - Classics - Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
- June 27 - Clubs - The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs
- July 25 - Inspiration/Guest Author - Deerfield Unvisited by Kenneth McCulloch
- August 22 - Disabilities - Breath by Martha Mason
- September 26 - Children's Literature - Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
- October 24 - Mystery - The Number 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
- November 28 - Non-fiction - Independent selections
- December - To Be Announced (TBA) - Poetry - Independent selections
Please Note: In February and March, the book club will be meeting in the adult book section rather than the upstairs meeting room. We will continue to theme snacks to our monthly book selections.
Everyone is welcome! You don't have to be a member of the Montana Association of the Blind (Bozeman chapter) or be blind to participate.
Zoom is also available for those who can't attend in person. Zoom is also our back up plan for if the library discontinues in-person meetings; we will still have book discussions on zoom.
- Meeting via Zoom - Meeting ID: 882 2837 6538
- To attend by phone: 253-215-8782