HOW TO GET A LIBRARY CARD
A Belgrade Community Library card is available to any resident in Gallatin County. Those residing outside of Gallatin County may receive a card for $10 that is good for one year. You may begin your application process online or visit the library to do it in person.
To complete your registration, you must provide:
- valid photo identification
- proof of address -- usually a postmarked envelope, such as a bill.
- Patrons under the age of 12 must have a parent or guardian must be present in the library to show their photo ID and proof of residency. The parent or guardian must sign the child's card and is responsible for all items checked out on the card.
- Patrons over the age of 12 must have their own photo ID and street address verification or be accompanied by a parent or guardian, who must show their photo ID and proof of residence. The parent or guardian as well as the card holder, will then have full access to the account.
- Patrons without a their photo ID or proof of address can get a temporary card that is good for one month that allows two check outs and two holds.
- Group cards are available for qualifying organizations.
Once you have a library card, you will be able to check out items from the library. With full privileges, you can check out an unlimited number of items. Your Belgrade Community Library card grants you access to our eLibrary and online resources found under the Collections tab. In addition to this, your card will also be good at any major library in the Gallatin County.
To complete your registration, stop by the public service desk at the library and connect with a staff person to get you your card.