- City of Belgrade Parking Ordinance FAQ
City of Belgrade Parking Ordinance FAQ
On December 5, 2022, the Belgrade City Council adopted Ordinance 2022-15, updating Title 5, Chapter 4 of the Belgrade City Code regarding parking. This ordinance becomes effective on January 4, 2023.
Significant changes include the following:
• Parking violations move from a Criminal Penalty of $85 to a Civil Penalty of $20
• All vehicles, including trailers, boats, and recreational vehicles, are limited to 3 days of parking on city streets before moving the entire length of the vehicle.
• Administrative procedures authorize the Chief of Police and City Manager to create no parking or modified parking zones. Signs must be posted to alert vehicle drivers of the restrictions.
• The City Council established an administrative process for the appeal of the Civil Penalty.
The Belgrade Police Department is committed to engaging with the community to answer questions regarding the enforcement of this ordinance. Questions may be directed to our code enforcement division.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: My HOA has a parking restriction in its covenants. What rules do I have to follow?
A: The Belgrade City Code supersedes any HOA parking restrictions on City Owned streets and alleys.
Q: How much is the fine for a parking violation?
Q: Who do I contact if my car has been immobilized or I suspect it has been towed?
A: Contact the Belgrade Police Department at 406-388-4262
Q: Does the City of Belgrade approve HOA covenants?
A: The City of Belgrade only approves HOA covenants to ensure the requirements of the City for issuing the final plat are met. For example, the HOA must demonstrate an ability to maintain weeds and snow removal on HOA-owned property. It does not validate that all covenants comply with federal, state, and local laws.